Friday, July 07, 2006

Independence Day


America can star spangle me and hang me from a banner
Anything to claim independence and use it for glamour
Cause no matter how you add it up and put it on the 4th of July
Two hundred and fifty years to a black man ain’t shit but a lie.
See I don’t have forefathers that signed some important parchment
I have ancestors that traveled the Atlantic in a two feet by four feet compartment
Whites have George Washington and them that created the Constitution
I have but to look out the window and see how my ancestors built this American Institution.
Go ahead and sign your John Hancock and keep trying to feed that bullshit cock to my people
Cause now your free so what about me
Now lets not forget my man Abe Lincoln
Whoa, wait a minute what the hell was I thinking?
Anyone who actually thinks that that selfish bastard meant to free us is about to get a history lesson
January 1, 1885, let me sign the Emancipation Proclamation, a documentation of falsifications, written in a act of desperation, full of nothing but defecation from a nation well versed in masturbation of Blacks.
So while we get the jerk off we are supposed to be happy about the 4th of July
WHY?
We the people, in order to establish a more perfect union…bullshit
All men are created equal…you’re really not serious
One nation under God…now you use the Lord’s name as your shield
Well I am here to knock you off your high horse
Now that you are looking up at me from the muck that is the USA
Don’t ask me to pledge allegiance to a place that doesn’t believe in itself
A nation that constantly reneges on what its foundation is supposedly built on
So I’m going to amend, and amend, and amend some more until there is nothing left.
I ain’t fooled by the fireworks,
The 4th is just a day for me to get off work.
Juneteenth is the day when Blacks were free
So that’s the date when you can start to talk Independence with me.

Oh, say can you see from the crosses burning light
That the home that we built is so shaky and scheming
And the screams that you hear
Will create their new fear, as I bring truth to the light
And my fist is still here.


© July 2002
Staats

1 comment:

  1. Well, I have to say sir. You have out done yourself. I love it! It's angry like me! This one is in my top 3. You were on fire that night!

    ReplyDelete