Sunday, July 16, 2006

Time Travellin'


Check the Flux capicatator and set the coordinates for the 2nd star on the right.
Please fasten all seatbelts.
Check the no smoking sign, check; engines ready, check; all carry on items securely under your seat, check;
Relax, get a grip it’s not often I’m going to take a trip.
A trip to a post 9/11 vision of a post dated postcard that reads The Renaissance but is light years away of the post no bills destination of mine.
I time travel in a Sky Blue Taurus and be it not heavenly nor bullish it provides escapism.
Leaving a place that leaves no one behind; Michael J. Fox couldn’t even jump start this Deloran.
Nor could any Historian reading my biography 50 years later fathom this distorted theory of creationism.
Where time is irrelevant, able to bend at my will.
Willingly, I refuse to complete the circle picking places and dates along my timeline.
Sometimes just reaching forward and bringing everything to a halt.
Just listen. Hear. Strain. Comprehend.
The Thundercats are on television, somewhere in a Pacific Time the Devil’s Mafia grabs a golden figure.
But I can’t figure out what location I’m at or what year.
The only similarities of the cartoon and the rapper is that they both screaming about Ho’s.
I’ve seen this all before. Dreamed it. Willed it.
Wanted this to be everyday. Not sure what day it is.
All I know is that the sun is out and it feels good.
This time and place so far from my space, which only allows me a small representation of this H.G. Wellian.
On these voyages to the Center of my Universe, I try not to meet myself so as not to cause a Paradox.
You know a Paradox. How can two people occupy the same place at the same time without causing some multi-climatic seismic cataclysmic catastrophe that might rip the space time continuum? Great Scott!!!
Continuing on Back to the Future, because I don’t know if I’ve been here before.
Dreamed it. Willed it.
Am I going back, or if it’s the future have I not already been to
The Rage up in Harmdom that is met with coincidence filled with signs that flash red sending you signs.
No turn on red. Do not lean on doors. Do not cross. Do not pick up the table hurl it across the room and kick Rage’s ass. And do not pass go…or collect $200 dollars.
Anger and money won’t speed up my clock. Anger and money’s offspring Greed is a bitch; that Karma is still chasing, a never ending time in a never ending story.
I must say this inebriated feeling can’t be abbreviated or bottled up to send a message to my fellow travelers who’ve lost their way.
This is not a broken circle; not a path for you to follow. It only helps me measure my stats.
I am Staats by the way. Not your average. But the summation of all that I want to be. I transition space to exist in my own math.
Where 1 times 2 times 3; divided by a man traveling on a train from North Carolina who leaves at 11am on a 6,000 mile journey will reach his destination yesterday.
And he doesn’t even leave until tomorrow.
I’ve seen this all before. Dreamed it. Willed it.
Wanted this to be everyday.
Time’s up.
Please put all trays in the upright position. We will be coming off Cloud 9 shortly. Also turn off all electrical devices as they may short circuit something. We just don’t know what.
The time is now whatever you want it to be. And don’t let anyone tell you differently.
As always we know you don’t have much of a choice when you Time Travel. But we do appreciate you tripping with us.
You may know take off your seatbelts.

© March 2006
Staats

No comments:

Post a Comment