Monday, August 21, 2006

Change The Station


you think that Right Here is Where I Wanna Be?
Can't You See i'm a Star?
i Shine so brightly in the sky that hubble will have to wear Stunna's
just to avoid Damaged lenses.
but rather then Showstoppin' I'm out here Hustlin'.
tryna make a dollar out of 15 cents (a dime and a nickel).
Round-n-Round I go Patiently Waiting for Happy Hour.
serving round and rounds of liquid absolution.
i wonder Whatchu Lookin' 4?
it's not Down Bottom of the glass.
trust me i've already checked.
How Does It Feel to be Torn between doing What You Want?
and doing what other's Tell Me.
It Seems Like I'm Ready to make another change.
But it's this One Thing that keep's me here
in this land of green that is as barren as any desert.
If i could just Snap My Fingers or make One Wish to change my fortune I would.
i pray for serenity, but She Keeps On Passing Me By.
i have to realize she's not my Superwoman.
that my problems are tangible.


someday's Nothing Even Matters at all.
i feel like i can Touch The Sky.
and end up Floating on Cloud 9.
but it eventually it All Falls Down
like the Rain outside my window.
Can You Stand It?
the pressure of the Impossible.
it's an everyday occurrence when i start my day.
a regular Deja Vu.
only today i'm quitting.
telling them that This Is For My People.
i will no longer hasten to your call
no longer Smile or answer to your Oh Boy cry for service.
i may be Down But Not Out.
not by a long shot.
i have purpose.
and nah, I Ain't Mad At Cha,
but RESPECT is something everybody deserves.
and i'm Everyday People just like you.
yeah, even Me Too.
but I won't wait until Next Lifetime to finally get a piece of the pie.
i want it now.
this is my survival story.
and Sometimes I just get to thinking.
feel like A Long Walk
On My Own.
thing see a little bit clearer now that the rain is Gone.
still waiting on my bright Sun Shiny Day.


© August 2006
Staats

No comments:

Post a Comment