Thursday, August 10, 2006

Stratosphere


Boy, keep your head out of the clouds
The air is so thin up there
And you can't tell left from your right
Vast, nothing, as far as the eye can see
But I can see why you like it up here
The clarity is so tangible
It gives order to your thoughts
Makes them manageable
Easier to handle
I've never seen the sun trace across the sky and color in the clouds.
If I was a bird I couldn't fly this high
The air is so thin
It took 30,000 feet to cruise
To realize at this height I have nothing to lose
That I can heal myself
Learn to correct the mistakes I've made
Understand my own self-worth by putting my troubles on a shelf.
With my head in the clouds
I can't tell if its Cumulus or Nimbus
I just know that it surrounds me
When it gets pregnant with rain, I too become dark and heavy
But up here, in this Stratosphere
Everything is so Blue
And vast. Nothing, as far as the eye can see.
I wonder how far does nothing go?

© July 2006
Staats

No comments:

Post a Comment