Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Soulmates



SOULMATES

Some cultures believe that for every person you are intimate with
You give them a piece of your soul.
So me being promiscuous, does that make me soulless.
Are there women walking around with my happiness?
My artistic talent, my wit, my drive.
All those I could do without.
But can I find the woman that has my stability.
Can I trade back that one encounter, one lustful rendezvous, one meaningless night.
For a moment of peace.
Not a tangible piece, but genuine peace.
Over 100 pieces of my soul divided,
Multiplying emotional stress but still leaving me empty.
Void. Troubled. Not even half a man.
I have nothing to give of any substance
I have no soul to offer my mate.
I have no conscious to stop me from bed hopping.
I have no more pieces of me to give.
I have been rubbed raw emotionally.
Where the good and the bad hurt,
Where the hurt hurts so much its blinding.
Where you just want to end it all.
But question:
Where does a man with no soul go when he dies?

© June 2006
Staats

2 comments:

  1. Very enlighting to think that everyone I have slept with has a piece of my soul. NOT!

    Thank you for insight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Refreshing! Sure, we do give a piece of ourselves to everyone we sleep with. As well, I take a piece of each of them with me. Am I still soul-less? On the contrary, I am quite soul-full!

    ReplyDelete