Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Camelot

When Love was all brand new I used to greet her outside of the gates,
Open armed ready to be in love.
Only to be slayed.
No suit of armor vulnerable to enemy attack.
I retreated into my castle to let my heart heal,
Knowing that when Love came again I would be better prepared.
I learned more about my strengths and weaknesses during this reflection period.
And I wasn't looking for Love,
I had already eaten from that apple and didn't want to be Adam twice.

When Love disguised as someone else came calling it was from beyond my moat,
My defenses had increased since last we met.
Love spoke of foundations and how mine seemed so strong,
And asked for permission inside my castle.
Leery I conceded.
And Love did not attack.
For it not because of the full armor, shield, and sword I now carried,
Maybe this wasn't the same Love.
This love had taken control of me, but not by force.
Love made herself at home,
And as soon as she realized my heart was on my sleeve,
She knocked it off, threw it across the room, and stepped on it,
With spiked stilettos as she left my castle.

My guards came to my aid and tried to assess how they could have been tricked so easily.
Uncertainty, who is normally first to respond, begin tot second guess Intuition,
Who then accused Hope of being too soft.
Ultimately, Pain took hold of the situation and helped pick up the pieces of my heart.
He took it deep within the castle.
Fortified it behind doors and locks and wore the key around his neck.
He would stand guard and remind me if I ever came down for my heart,
That Love could not be trusted.
He ordered sentries be on the lookout for Love.
And if she was found she was to be shot on sight.
I thought this drastic, so I convinced Pain that Love would be observed,
And final judgement would belong to him.
Pain said he would agree but warned me not to bring Love anywhere near him,
And that she needed to be observed for at least 3 months.
If the other guards found her to be no threat then we would see.

That is why there is a thin line between Pain and Love. Love and Hate.
Pain reminds you that when it hurts so bad,
Even if you didn't recognize it it was Love.
And once Love has found your heart, it would really Hate to be left alone again.
So while you may walk around my castle unscathed,
You can not hurt me love.
There are defenses in place to prevent that.
Walls that must come down first.
So while I see you on the horizon,
I wonder if in 3 months I can trust what I have learned about you.
And ask myself am I ready for Love?


© October 2007
Staats

1 comment:

  1. Your such a cancer...check out my blog and tell me what you think. Muah!!!!

    ReplyDelete