Friday, October 12, 2007

First Day of Class



Hello I'm STAATS.
That's two A's in the middle.
Or A Squared if you like Algebra.
And on the subject of math I am a Fraction of your random stereotypes.
As some Black women like to categorize me I am Half of "one of the four".
Usually meant to describe the Ratio of available Black Men to Black Women.
Gay, in Jail, married, or just doesn't want you.
So being Half of that Equation I am either Bi, on probation, in a serious relationship, or have very little interest in you.
Nonetheless it makes for a great Theorem that we will not be proving today.
It just serves as an introduction to this Mathematical lesson.
To find out more you can turn to your Glossary in the back of your book.
Past the answers to only the Odd questions,
Which you still can't turn in without showing the Work.
I am that One question on your final exam that takes the whole class to unravel.
And even then that isn't enough time.

To truly grasp this course you must understand that I use words to speak the most universal language...
MATH.
Very few people grasp the remedial skills to excel to STAATS.
I'm not for everybody.
Although my existence has always been permeated by the association of basic Numbers.
It is the intricacies in how they are used that create me.

For example:
I am the bi-product of 1 plus 1.
An 11 plus 14 brought forth a 7 born on the 22nd day.
Twice named and forged with statistical value I am a 1st born 2nd.

Statistically speaking the Average man has 8 Perfect years in his life.
As I have reached my 5th Perfect year I am beginning to see that life really is what you make it.
That a 3-year detour is just a detour.
The Line may go off on a Tangent, but still Intersects on the same Plane.
Be it Jersey, NC, Philly, or Bmore, it's Congruent.
Not the same but Equal to.
It might sound like an over complicated way to explain something so simple.
But for those that struggled in Math, and haven't taken STAATS yet
Feel free to hit Graph on your TI-82 Calculator.

© October 2007
Staats

No comments:

Post a Comment